Virtual/Telecommute (must be located near Sacramento)
Director of Sales Engineering (part of Pre-Sales Engineering team)
Our client is a global leader in Middleware, Business Process Improvement and Big Data Analytics software and provides end-to-end customized managed software solutions and services.
The Senior Solutions Architect (SSA) role within the sales process is to fully understand a prospect’s business problem and construct a solution around that problem leveraging our clients products. The Senior Solutions Architect exhibits a high level of sales and business maturity, operates independently in pre-sales activities and has the proven ability to quickly understand business problems and find the appropriate technology offerings and differentiators.
The Senior Solution Architect represents the highest degree of technical architecture and design expertise within the our clients technologies, process and integration solutions space.
- Prospect Qualification: The SSA aids in qualifying prospects to assure they are well-aligned with our clients’s go-to market product and solution capabilities.
- Presales Lifecycle Management: The SSA provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team to assure the product-oriented aspects of the sales campaign are strongly aligned with the business objectives of the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
- Account Management: The SSA owns key accounts from a technical perspective, and in some ways from a Business perspective to identify ongoing opportunities and guide business users in the implementation of complex business solutions
Prospect and Customer Facing
- Own and progress opportunities through the qualification, definition, proof/evaluation, proposal and closure stages of the sales cycle with attention to timelines.
- Respond to the functional and business requirements and capabilities sections of RFI/RFPs
- Engage with the sales representative and prospect to ensure a prospect’s business needs can be addressed with our clients’s go-to market capabilities.
- Listen, understand, and analyze the prospect’s business requirements and compose, validate, and present the best possible client solution
- Define POC/POV or custom demonstration scenarios and map functions of our clients products to prospects’ needs
- Lead teams of Systems Engineers on implementation of POC/POV’s and custom demos. Ensure the demonstration fulfills the prospect’s requirements and highlight and differentiate our clients capabilities.
- Define the prospect’s target architecture that fulfills their business objectives. Work with the RSM to structure the proposal that meets the prospect’s target architecture.
- Prospect and Customer Technical Liaison
- Establish trust relationships with customers and prospects and understand their objectives. Solicit and provide product feedback from customers and prospects.
- Participate on meetings and conferences with customers and partners to serve as a liaison between our clients internal organizations such as Technical Support and Product Research and Development.
- Engage with Strategic Business Solutions and Product Marketing to participate in the authoring of early stage marketing materials (presentations, solution white papers, customer success stories, and marketing slicks) and related business solution demonstration scenarios that highlight capabilities.
- Advise internal senior management on the technical and business strategy within active deals.
- Maintain alignment with Marketing and Product Management of existing and future Middleware capabilities and ETS Application Modernization Products and help drive product innovation.
- Keep up to date with any new solutions across the business lines. Understand functionality and interoperability of components.
- Collect and communicate competitive intelligence from the field
- Be a Go-To Person on competitive information for Products and Verticals
- Exchange best practices and share knowledge within SA and SE Community
- Guide Solution Architects and SEs in Technical and Business situations to become more effective in handling objections and customer challenges
- Experience engaging with senior leaders (CxO level) on various solutions and business problems. Able to listen and analyze a prospect’s requirements and present to a compelling business value message of a solution
- Demonstrated ability to present technology solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
- Provide presales support to the largest, most well-qualified deals
- Ability to craft, review and augment Proof Of Concept documents, SOWs, and various project plans involving client technologies.
- Ability to define architecture, design and oversight of key national projects, providing guidance and knowledge transfer to field resources.
- Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple customers at a time
- Ability to guide and consult customers on various levels of the organization.
Business and Leadership Skills
- Demonstrate a team attitude and leadership
- Ability to act as a mentor due to outstanding character, judgment and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and deliver on deadlines
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise product briefings
- Proven ability to unearth business requirements & Drivers
- Proven ability to map business drivers & initiatives to technology offering & differentiators
- Able to lead teams of Systems Engineers on Proof Of Concepts, Solution/Architecture Planning and custom demos.
- Ability to lead Discovery and Customer First Assessment Meetings to identify business value and ROI for complex business challenges
Technology and Consultative Skills
- Strong understanding of Software Products including internal Architecture, with an ability to leverage these in the sales cycle.
- Strong experiences with implementation of technologies in customer projects or Proof of Concepts.
- Provide planning, architecting and managing of solutions to highly complex problems and challenges
- Expert in providing best practices to customers and helping with IT Strategy and implementation planning – capacity, servers, deployment etc.
- Strong understanding and speaking knowledge about client products and capabilities
- Lead customer and internal Technical and Business meetings to guide attendees to a common goal.
EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
- 8+ years practical architecture and design experience Integration technologies
- 3+ years in Consulting management role including, business development, mentoring, technology solutions development, basic marketing and relationship management
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, network architectures and distributed computing
- Competency in various languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, SQL, HTML; Natural, Adabas, EntireX)
- Experience with Internet software development and concepts
- Experience with Operating Systems (e.g. NT, Unix; Mainframe such as ZOS, BS2000) and Databases (SQL; Adabas)
- Experience with a wide range of applications (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts and technologies (SOA, BPM, BAM, EAI)
- Very strong in depth knowledge of at least two core technologies; and knowledge of other products and solutions
- Experience with Business integration software engineering or with vendors of such software
- Experience with Integration consulting and Business Consulting
- Proven track record in implementing complex business solutions using SOA, BPM, BAM and EAI
- Proven track record in handling multiple customers/opportunities at the same time and driving the opportunities to a successful sales closure.
Technical Career: Senior Solutions Architect, Principal Solutions Architect
Management Career: Director of Solutions Architecture