Our client is a proprietary trading firm with offices in Birmingham, Alabama and Alexandria, Virginia. They bring a rigorous quantitative approach, supported by scalable technologies, to their investment decisions. Their culture is marked by a collaborative approach that promotes cross-functional learning, cross-pollination of ideas, a service orientation, and working side-by-side to push projects forward. They strive to help each team member gain a more global understanding, so that they can see how their contributions connect to the overall success of the firm.
Join an amazing team where you will work closely and collaboratively with Training and Technical teams with the ultimate goal of supporting day-to-day trading operations with your quantitative abilities. You will work daily with large amounts of real-time data to create predictive models, risk management methodologies, and optimizations on trading strategies.
This role provides a unique opportunity for a “post-analyst” investment professional to join a dynamic group as a critical member of the team and work directly with senior leadership to evaluate and prioritize opportunities for investment. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the idea of working in an entrepreneurial culture.
You will support the team with researching different markets and opportunities in the distributed energy sector. The role will include building financial models, performing due diligence, identifying key risks and mitigating factors, helping to define operational strategies, recommending investment and corporate structures, writing term sheets and legal documents with the assistance of our legal team, and closing transactions. It will also require presentations to management and limited partners.
In addition to these responsibilities, you will jump in and lend a hand on a range of different initiatives when the need arises. The position is based in Birmingham, AL. The company has a second office located near Washington, DC.
Candidates with the following criteria are strongly preferred:
- High ratings from a reputable investment bank or consulting firm
- Distinctive ability to structure processes and strategies, and synthesize and communicate critical findings
- Excellent knowledge of and enthusiasm for distributed energy, renewables, energy or infrastructure
- Strong academic and leadership background in business, finance, engineering or a related analytical/quantitative field with professional experience related to energy technology, finance, or markets
- 2 years of work experience in a related field since completion of an MBA (or similar graduate degree in a quantitatively rigorous field) from a leading graduate school of business OR 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field
- An understanding of basic accounting principles
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Competitive compensation/benefits package (base + bonus).