Our client has been ranked a top 50 business to work for in Virginia for the past five years, specializing in IT and business process support services for many federal government agencies. Our client is looking for career-minded, direct, permanent talent.
Competitive compensation packages, Long-term prime Federal contracts, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Vision Plans, 401K, Educational Assistance, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
This role supports the Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) on a project that provides its users with mobile and remote access services, including BlackBerry, Apple iOS and Citrix Remote Desktop technologies. This is a systems support role that will provide technical system monitoring, back-up call support, and serve as a technical escalation point between Operations and Engineering groups.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Monitoring, Tracking, Analyzing, and Responding to system alerts (e.g., SCOM, BoxTone, eG)
- Coordinating and communicating outage with DoS Enterprise Operations Center; providing timely updates to Senior Watch Officer(s)
- Ensuring all critical or VIP requests or tickets are attended to or resolved promptly and efficiently, documentation on the troubleshooting and resolution efforts are complete, issues are analyzed and followed up with the customers if necessary, and tickets escalated to Engineering Support are well documented and followed up on.
- Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, BlackBerry 10, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- BMC Remedy
- Desire to work with senior-level customers and VIPs
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods
- Active Secret Clearance required