We are looking for men or women who have served our country and are now ready to continue that service as a government contractor for the Army customer. We value your commitment to our nation and our client has a culture that has been built on a very similar work ethic and commitment to the cause.
This is a direct/perm/FT role with our client who is seeking a Network Engineer for immediate hire! You would be joining one of
their fastest growing departments with significant potential for growth. Successful candidates must have experience as a network engineer and have experience with the federal government. The first 9 months on the job will be located OCONUS in Kuwait on client site and transition back to a virtual role in the US.
As a Federal Network Engineer, you will solve Government network, application and system capacity/performance
issues; plan, design, deploy, operate and optimize network infrastructure; perform network capacity planning and performance analysis using tools such as Riverbed NetCollector, NetAuditor and NetPlanner solutions. You will also perform network design analysis and configuration validation and collect network and system performance and configuration information required for modeling and simulation studies while analyzing and understanding client’s IT requirements, organizational functions and decision making process. Finally, you will present and articulate solutions developed to meet client requirements.
What's in it for you
Job Experience Preferred
- Position Type: Perm/Direct/FT and long-term role with rapidly growing well funded and profitable startup in the federal networking engineering space
- Team: Join an extremely talented team of network engineers and architects on the deployment of RiverBed across all of Asia for the Army
- Training: Week 1: Army customer in Huachuca | Week 2: in Ft Bragg or other Army client site | Week 3: onsite in Kuwait with current Network Engineer
- WAN Optimization/Product Deployment: Use your hands on network engineering experience to test and deploy some of the most cutting edge WAN optimization and automation performance products in the world
- International Travel to Kuwait (with full government Per Diem of $400-600/day)- until October only
- Location: Kuwait (OCONUS) on client site until October | Virtual/remote: after October work from Huachuca or anywhere in the US as a Network/Solutions Engineer
- Career Advancement: Opportunity to make your career into whatever you like
- Great Compensation: $100-150k dependent on experience + potential for bonus + full benefits
Job Experience Preferred
- Active Secret Clearance
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- 5+ years of networking including: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, routing protocol operation etc
- 1+ years experience of requirements analysis
- 1+ years experience with network management solutions such as SNMP monitoring tools, configuration management and auditing etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert)
- 10+ years of network engineering experience preferred
- Riverbed / OPNet Experience desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience: Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering,Telecommunications Engineering