Our client's business unit offers innovative technology solutions involving the Analytics, Cyber Security, and Visual Explanation of Big Data. We work with customers in both the commercial and government space facing the challenge of transforming these Data Sets into Information. As such we require a talented engineer who understands many new and emerging technical fields.
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist to lead our programs that rely on the application of data science for solving problems within the Intelligence Community (IC). The Data Scientist will work with Engineers and Analysts, as part of an agile team to produce meaningful information, visualizations, and recommendations to a Government customer on a wide range of topics. The location of this position will be at their corporate offices in Herndon, Virginia. Your role will include:
● Solving problems across a wide range of topics.
● Applying statistical and mathematical approaches to solving problems.
● Making recommendations based on data-driven analysis.
● Presenting data through visualizations.
● Collaboratively working with Analysts and Engineers.
● Documenting techniques, processes, technologies, and approaches for specific projects.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
● Are skilled in data discovery methodologies, techniques, and technologies.
● Are skilled in model development and implementation.
● Have proficiency in R and Python.
● Have utilized Anaconda.
JOB EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
● Have familiarity working within the Intelligence Community (IC).
● Have familiarity with project tracking programs, such as Jira, Confluence, and Asana.
● Have familiarity with collaborative platforms, such as Slack, Sharepoint, and Google Business Apps.
● Have familiarity with Agile Engineering.
● Have familiarity interfacing with customers (e.g. U.S. Government).