Our client is providing software development services to a variety of Federal and Fortune 500 companies in the area of big data analytics utilizing a java based code-base leveraging open source technologies such as Elastic Search, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, and others. This solution is being used by active Security analysts to sift through log data measured in petabytes.
Our client is growing at an exponential rate, delivering new found “systems-of-systems” based capabilities, ranging from autonomous robotics to automated cartography, human resource provisioning and combat systems integration,. These systems are all model driven and semantic based integration approaches that enable sophisticated users to move from the traditional “human--in-the-loop” to “human-on-the-loop”, concepts. A core part of every “human-on-the-loop” instantiation is an optimized Graphic User Interface. The E2 team needs highly skilled & experienced UX/UI Designers, able to tailor user requirements into optimal web based, GUI designs.
The ideal candidate/s will be able to work quickly and effectively within a small expert team, of highly experienced modelers, ontologists and enterprise architects, to capture customer requirements, which must be agile, rapid and iteratively transformed into prototypes, wireframes, mock-ups, and optimal GUI designs.
● Work collaboratively with Chief Systems Engineer, E2 Senior Modelers, development team and customers to understand and distill complex interactions and user requirements, into optimal designs and solutions for web clients.
● Be responsible for all aspects of UX/GUI design, as well as GUI visual & interaction design, with a balance placed on optimized systems interfacing/integration and user experience.
● Fluid in approaches and tools to capturing user GUI interactions and flexible to adopt/employ new tools.
● Methodologies to transfer/integrate GUI captures to Architects and developers, for systems under development.
● Create optimized, practical, innovative and visually appealing GUI designs on a rapid sprint based, iterative approach, employing methods such as models, sketches, storyboards, task flows, wireframes, prototypes and final systems.
● Establish, document and publish patterns, design guidelines, best practices, and standards for teams participating in UX/GUI design, development and deployment.
● Design best-in-class web based GUI applications for sophisticated end users, interacting with complex information systems (“human-on-the-loop”).
● Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
● Other duties as assigned
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
● Bachelor's Degree in User Experience, Graphic/Interface Design & Human Interaction Factors. A Master’s Degree, certifications in UX and/or equivalent work experience a plus.
● Seven or more years of experience as UX/UI Designer for web based systems.
● Solve problems creatively, effectively, collaboratively in a cooperative team fashion.
● Solid written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
● Record of accomplishment for implementing best practices for web-based design.
● Knowledge of models, information architecture and ontologies are a plus.