Our client is providing software development services to a variety of Federal and Fortune 500 companies in the area of big data analytics utilizing a java based code-base leveraging open source technologies such as Elastic Search, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, and others. This solution is being used by active Security analysts to sift through log data measured in petabytes.
We are seeking a motivated software engineer who wants to be part of a transformation that leverages the AWS cloud to build big data capabilities for the IC. Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team responsible for migrating critical mission and business applications to an Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) based environment?
We are looking for a software engineer to manage software development in support of current and future programs that are migrating existing mission and business applications to an Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) based environment. As a member of the Software Development Team you will:
• Apply an Agile engineering methodology to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and system requirements into total system solutions while understanding technical, schedule, and cost constraints and strategic direction.
• Conduct unit, integration, and system level test on all software and procedures. Collaborate with team members and participate in peer reviews with fellow developers to discuss best methods of software development design and implementation.
• Communicate openly with the engineering, requirements and test team members. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Software Engineer: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field and 5 years of software development experience required (3 Years with Masters in Science; 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Associates in Science; 9 Years with High School/GED):
- Experience working as a Scrum master in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to work within a team environment or individually, as needed; Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions; Good communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and customers
- Top Secret Clearance with CI Polygraph