This is a direct/permanent FT position with our client, a global provider of material handling solutions and has an immediate need for a Senior Applications Engineer in the greater Nashville area. They have experienced tremendous growth over the past 2 years, growing from 30 employees to 140 and over $100M in sales in 2015. Due to this rapid growth, they are adding several new key positions to their team. If working on cutting edge material handling engineering, partnering with top notch engineers, experiencing work life balance and family values are important to you, please connect with us today.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment.
- Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Responsibilities also include providing equipment functionality and capability reports to the sales force, and acting as technical liaison to the sales team.
- Design automated material handling system based on customer automation needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- Familiarity with logistical processes and system design
- Familiarity with both controls and mechanical technology (PLC control systems, Autocad)
- Strong focus on constructive customer relationships
- Good presentation skills, being able to present ideas to vendors, associates, and customers.
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well in multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional organizational skills as required for proposal preparation process and finished deliverables.
- Ability to travel is domestically as needed by the organization
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Leads and directs the work of others.