CLIENT AND JOB OVERVIEW
This is a direct/permanent FT position
with our client who is looking for an estimator to help them build and grow out their rapidly expanding engineering team. Over the next few months, you will directly join a rapidly growing team of some of the best engineers and project managers in the material handling industry. The CEO is looking for someone who values work life balance and giving back to the community, someone who is a hard worker, loves design and wants to be part of a rapidly growing global team.
Come and be a part of building and designing the next generation of material handling systems for exisiting customers like UPS and FedEx! This is an amazing opportunity to join a very successful company as it seeks to leverage its profits and influence for the common good, while maintaining a high level of engineering excellence.
CLIENT Core Values:
1. Quick to Field
2. A Good Product for a Fair Price
3. Positive World Impact
4. Character | Competence | Chemistry
- Project Estimator will support the efforts of our client to their material handling client’s estimates for their projects that are timely and accurate.
- Reply to RFP’s within the timeline given, with accurate costs of material, labor, freight, overhead, etc.
- Read, understand, and interpret blueprints, job specifications, scope of work, and local codes.
- Use CAD to measure, verify, and take –off the project details.
- Correctly calculate amount of materials needed and installation time required for each job estimate.
- Create and use Excel spreadsheets to aid in estimating purposes.
- Interact with project managers, vendors, and clients to obtain current pricing, sourcing, lead time, etc.
- Read and react to addenda and clarifications of the estimate.
- Demonstrate an attitude of providing excellent customer service with all external clients and internal co-workers.
- Desire a long term career with a company recognized as one of Memphis’ Top 100 Independently Owned Companies since 2013.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 4 year Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Design, Construction, Architecture or equivalent related field, preferred.
- 2 year Technical Degree in Construction, Architectural Design, or equivalent related field; or 1-2 years related experience in estimating, required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of reading and understanding blue prints required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel preferred.
- Working knowledge/experience with AutoCAD or similar design software preferred.
- Ability to work within schedule constraints. Ability to work fluidly with management and project teams to effectively integrate all components of estimates.
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking, and mathematics skills.
- Must be able to pass a Skills/Knowledge Test. Must pass a drug test and background check.