Location – All US – Remote/Virtual (Direct/Permanent Opportunity with our client)
Everyone telecommutes - virtual office (need to be able to come into Reston office 2 times per week for several hours)
Our client is an open source big data analytics software solutions technology startup with strong financial backing. They offer a scalable open source framework for collecting, storing, processing, retrieving, analyzing, and visualizing unstructured documents and structured records. Their platform empowers advanced analytics to visually sort, organize and understand vast amounts of unstructured and structured data very quickly through a massively scalable, cloud-based analytic platform architected for plug-and-play with additional data sources, extraction engines and visualization widgets so our customers and partners have the flexibility to adapt the platform to any specific mission or domain.
As Technical Architect and director of product development for ISA product line you will lead and mentor a team of highly skilled technical professionals in a cross-functional team. You will instill a spirit of continuous improvement in all aspects of SDLC processes; analyze, scope, and prioritize feature deliverables and bug fixes; Drive performance analysis and optimization efforts; collaborate with product management to execute the roadmap.
Technical Architect will be responsible for the following outcomes:
1. Product Architecture & Technical Vision of the Product
2. Software Architecture & Design
3. Reference Systems Architecture for both on-premise and cloud deployments
4. Release Planning
5. Sprint Planning
6. Design Reviews
7. Code Reviews
8. Test Automation (Regression | Performance | Stress / Load)
9. Continuous Integration & Deployment
10. Onetime Release Delivery
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Multi-tenant SaaS and on-premise enterprise software architecture
- REST architecture
- High volume, high velocity, near real-time computing
- High performance UI/UX
- Data visualization frameworks and technologies
- Continuous development/integration environment (Jenkins)
- Cloud and Big Data Computing including AWS, EC2, GitHub, NoSQL/MongoDB, Virtualization, Hadoop, MapReduce
- Programming languages and concepts including Java, Python, C/C++
Technical Architect must have following management experience:
- Scrum development methodology. Scrum Master Certification is a plus.
- Lead team size of 10-20 people.
- Manage software development process, release management and continuous integration
- Deliver software releases on-time, in-budget and with high quality.
- Manage distributed teams in different time zones (including offshore).
- Hire, coach, and develop talent.
- Minimum 5 years leading and managing software development teams in a start-up environment.
- Minimum 10 years in enterprise security space (including software design and hands of software development).
Data Science/Analytics including Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistical/Predictive Modeling, R, Hbase, Hive.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Bachelors in Computer Science required
- Masters in Computer Science preferred
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Maintain an effective work-life balance. Take at least two vacations a year: coordinate any time off with your direct supervisor. Identify and participate in at least two professional development activities per year