CLIENT AND JOB OVERVIEW
This is a direct/permanent FT position with our client who is looking for an entrepreneurial minded hands on engineering leader to help them hire, train, build, manage and grow out their rapidly expanding e-commerce material handling systems design engineering team. Over the next few months, you will directly be responsible for hiring, training and mentoring 30-40 of the best engineers in the logistics/industrial industry. The CEO is looking for an engineering leader who love to manage, mentor, build, design and deliver projects and products to global e-commerce clients; engineering leaders who value work life balance and giving back to the community, who are hard workers and want to be part of a rapidly growing global team.
Come and be a part of building and designing the next generation of material handling systems for customers like UPS and FedEx! This is an amazing opportunity to join a very successful company as it seeks to leverage its profits and influence for the common good (giving over $30M away to over 50 charities), while maintaining a high level of engineering excellence.
CLIENT Core Values:
1. Quick to Field
2. A Good Product for a Fair Price
3. Positive World Impact
4. Character | Competence | Chemistry
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED JOB EXPERIENCE
- The Director of Engineering will support the efforts of our client in building a team to deliver on their commitment to serve their material handling customers with excellence, to contribute to our communities, and to operate as an example of ethical and moral principles.
- Manage engineering staff and any third party engineering vendors to facilitate Project Engineering support.
- Ensure high quality of engineering standards and processes at all locations with an eye towards process improvement.
- Provide strong management skills with a commitment to meeting schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, grow, develop, and manage subordinates.
- Be a strong, persuasive servant – leader with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate an attitude of providing excellent customer service with all external and internal clients.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Candidate must be a P.E.
- 5-10 years minimum experience in design and development of engineered systems with focus on material handling and/or conveyor systems.
- Experience managing, training and building an engineering team
- Working knowledge of scheduling software (Microsoft Project).
- Working knowledge/experience with AutoCAD.
- Ability to work within cost constraints and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work fluidly with management and sub-groups to effectively integrate all components of projects.
- Analytical, detail oriented, and organized.
- Must be able to pass a Skills/Knowledge Test.
- Must pass a drug test, fit for duty exam and background check.