This is a direct/permanent position with our client located at their global HQ in Chantilly and offering $100-120k (based on
experience) and full benefits.
Our client provides a broad range of technology consulting and scalable high performance computing solutions for customers worldwide. They are a nimble, non-bureaucratic company characterized by technological innovation, extraordinary effort, and dedication to our customers, employees, and suppliers. The atmosphere is fast-paced and agile, shifting rapidly to the pressing needs of our customers. Team mentality, excellent work ethic, initiative, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit are key factors to your success here.
- (50%): Architectural design and further build out of new systems and networks
- (50%): Hands on networking and routing work with existing global networking infrastructure (Cisco routers and switches)
- This role will help lead the build out of an advanced networking team (looking for SME in routing/CCNA/CCIE certified).
- We are looking for someone who gets it the first time and likes to work for a manager who is highly competent, laid back, not a micromanager, able to work hard and wants to be around a team that works hard and can work with internal and external customers when needed.
This position is a unique opportunity for a dedicated and motivated technology professional to leverage their knowledge and experience. We are looking for a talented network engineer who is passionate about both planning and implementing secure and effective global networks. Core responsibilities include requirements definition, equipment specification, and device provisioning. This is a senior position with an opportunity to provide leadership, oversight, and management within a network team. Our global networks include a wide range of WAN transmission technologies, remote data center management, and application specific server systems for telecommunications and data communications (2G/3G/4G) environments.
- Analyze project objectives and develop system and functional requirements.
- Manage and architect the design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintenance of fully integrated software and system solutions.
- Troubleshoot new and existing system design and implementation issues.
- Work closely with other team members in technically skilled areas to complete systems that meet project objectives.
- Work closely with customers to ensure project objectives are met as expected.
- Regularly communicate with all stakeholders of a project about milestones and unexpected issues.
- Recognize and recommend new or emerging technology or software to meet new and evolving project objectives.
- Bachelor college degree or equivalent working experience.
- Current Cisco certification- CCNP minimum (will consider CCNA candidates with bachelors), CCIE preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of all or most of the following:
- Cisco IOS (Native and CAT OS)
- Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- PIX firewalls, ASA's, VPN concentrators
- Windows 2003 & 2008 servers
- LINUX and TFTP Server
- Strong working knowledge of commercial network security technologies
- Knowledge of communications protocols and signaling
- Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to perform tasks off hours
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure