Our client is a creative and innovative opensource analytics platform technology startup with strong backing and looking to bring next generation set of knowledge discovery capability to our customers. This can only done by having a team of ambitious, self starting, stellar employees. They provide an outstanding work environment with options of telecommuting and flexible working hours. Employees are provided the best technology, are provided competitive compensation and benefits, and have the opportunity a chance to working in a really fun environment with expert engineers.
Our client provides a game changing disruptive technology attempting to solve knowledge discovery problems. Their customers such as the Global Financial Institutions, National Defense, Homeland Security clients depend on rapid, cost-effective solutions and advanced technology - adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios. They are dedicated to providing these solutions using their core product, tailored variants of it - or in the future new products they develop to solve problems along the way.
Our client is looking to grow their product delivery engineering and services team. This role will be the lead on a large analytics platform and product implementation and integration for one of the largest financial clients in the US. This developer will work with a team of product oriented engineers and subject matter experts to construct ways to intelligently harvest data, process it, and recommend insights for our user base. Top candidates will demonstrate a unique ability to solve difficult problems with advanced computational techniques.
Provide design, development and thought leadership for data visualization, working with the development team:
- During the redesign of the new Infinit.e UI, propose. prototype, and eventually develop the new visualization “widgets”, using Angular.js, AWS, Elastic, Java.
- Assist with visualization-related activities on other applications (eg nsight)
- Become the primary designer and often developer of new data visualizations required by customers, delegating to other developers where necessary
- Participate in the Agile process (issue creation and maintenance, daily standups)
- Raise issues on the rest of platform where needed for visualization requirements
Attempt to spend extensive time focused on customer engagement project oriented efforts and discuss with President/Portfolio Manager monthly (trigger for overachievement). Support Customer Engagements efforts in the areas of cyber analysis and intelligence analysis software delivery and integration activities:
- Quality: Support quarterly quality delivery surveys from customers to President/Portfolio Lead
- Support and lead minimum of 3 use cases per quarter that through customer engagements where results are presented to President / Portfolio Lead
- Support and lead data collection efforts for specific customer focused use cases
- Support and create custom analytic products in support of customer engagements as required (min 2 per month)
- Support customer driven requirements elicitation by supporting minimum of weekly discussions with R+D Lead
- All contract deliverables on schedule and delivered per contractual obligations (ahead of schedule qualifies for overachievement)
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Produce a minimum of one blog interview / post per month resulting in a post that is related to a client success or technology success provided to Customer Outreach Team (trigger for overachievement)
- Speak a minimum of once per quarter on a client focused or technically focused success story provide through Customer Outreach Team (trigger for overachievement)
- Take at least two vacations a year
- Identify an activity that will help with your personal or professional development in 2015 and make time for it.
- A four year technical degree and at least three years of professional experience or seven years of demonstrable technical experience with no degree. Acceptable degrees include, but are not limited to Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, IT, and Engineering.
- Strong client engagement and communication experience surrpunding product implementation and integration.
- Understanding of general networking concepts (TCP, sockets, HTTP, SSL, etc)
- Experience with Apache and Apache Tomcat server in Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat/CentOS) environments.
- Experience using Amazon EC2 Web Services or other cloud environments.
- Experience building software for any of the following functions: data visualization, business intelligence, intelligence analysis, risk assessment, financial analysis, geospatial or temporal analysis.
Their core product team is a cross-functional team of developers that works in an agile (SCRUM-based) environment. This position specifically requires someone who has worked on projects developing software to generate smart user recommendations, categorize and classify large amounts of data, and who is comfortable performing these tasks on potentially messy and unstructured data sets.
Candidates must be in MD/VA or DC and US Citizens/Green Card Holders