Our client seeks an Information Technology professional with strong business analysis leadership and Agile background to lead different IT initiatives and projects within the Human Capital domain.
The Scrum Manager will be responsible for managing and leading a number of critical Human Capital related Technology initiatives. The individual will be responsible for working with the business to understand their business needs, and help lead a project team to successfully implement IT solutions and capabilities.. The Position will lead and interact with small teams of contractors or full time development staff on projects and contribute towards project deliverables and business requirements. This position will coordinate Agile teams in the following practices –writing user stories, release and iteration planning, test driven development, continuous integration, Scrum stand-up meetings, velocity and capacity planning, and retrospectives. This Position will be coordinating Agile teams and remove any impediments in order to keep teams highly productive. Identifies and manages dependencies with other internal or external teams.
Provides metrics and status to senior management. Position involves significant interaction with a diverse user base of back office and front office professionals.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Description of Lead project teams using Scrum and Kanban project methodologies (40%)
- Work directly with vertical team members and clients on activities that include:
- requirements gathering and process mapping/engineering (20%)
- Serve as lead role in tracking vertical related costs and budgets and prepare project/program related reports (i.e., portfolio reports, weekly program status reports, budget reports, etc.) (20%)
- Assist in system testing and quality assurance process for SaaS system related upgrades and new module implementations. Ability to coordinate testing activities between several departments (15%)
- Monitor trends and new developments in different business areas (i.e., Human Resources) and make recommendations for new technology (5%)
- 3-5 years of experience using Agile or other project management methodologies
- 3+ years of experience using Agile methods, 5+ years’ experience preferred in both software development, development management and/or project management experience
- Certified Scrum Master and advanced experienced with Agile/Scrum
- BS in IT/Computer Science/Information Systems
- Experience in working with SaaS software solutions
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge
- Experience with Business Process Mapping
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio
- Experience related to functional/business process configuration tasks
- Ability to identify approaches, risks, mitigation strategies to meet client/functional requirements
- Candidate must possess functional knowledge across at least one Human Resources function to include core HR, benefits, compensation or payroll and have a strong technical aptitude.
- Strong analytical and time management skills are a must, as is the ability to work at his/her own direction and balance competing priorities and customer needs
- Preferred consulting background
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to exemplary customer service