This is a direct position with our client (we are a search firm only) and our client will accept H1B applicants. Our client is a $bn+ global software firm with HQ located in the Reston Town Center. They are a leader in Big Data software product development and a leading provider of game changing Big Data management solutions for the enterprise. Their flagship Big Data product line features Big Data in-memory solutions that deliver performance at any scale. Their other award winning data management solutions include the de facto caching standard and the de facto scheduler for enterprise Java. Our client supports the data management needs of a majority of the Global 1000 with over 500,000 deployments of its products.
Our client is currently looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to help develop and deliver high performance software components in line with requirements; help enhance the core product platform and identify third-party technologies to integrate with their Big Data products.
- This role will conduct new development on terabytescale in memory data management products that provide predictable snapin performance and scale for enterprise applications.
- The role will innovate and lead the design and implementation of features and products that are used in millions of deployed applications.
- Core responsibilities include: Software development, software design and architecting, recommending technologies and contributing creatively with innovative ideas for products and features.
- Candidates from IBM, Oracle, EMC, VMWare, Pega, HP, Cloudera, Netezza, Mongo, SAP, Amazon, HortonWorks are preferred
- BE/ME/MCA in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong experience developing with Java, Java ecosystem related tools
- Strong understanding of data structures and collection types common in Java
- Experience with concurrency/multithreading
- Ability to work and communicate well with a geographically distributed team
- Strong expertise with concurrency and/or transactions
- Strong core Java knowledge, including Java memory model
- Experience with the challenges of distributed computing systems
- Familiarity with communication protocols, networking
- Experience with communicating/documenting software design with team members
- Experience leading a small team of software developers working on a common task
- Experience designing frameworks and interfaces to be used by a large number of developers
- Well rounded knowledge of offerings in the Java opensource ecosystem
- Experience developing largescale enterpriseclass Java applications
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, JTA, Lucene
- Experience with JAAS and/or rolebased security
- Experience with Ehcache, Quartz, other Terracotta Products
- Must have at least H1B