Our client is looking for a Human Resources Director to join our dynamic team of creative individuals. The HR Director heads up the department guiding and managing the HR services, policies and programs for the entire company. The ideal candidate will be a quick thinker, enjoy solving problems and have a passion for supporting the culture and employees of the company.
The HR Director is responsible for maintaining an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, standards and goal attainment.
Human Resource Leadership
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains the career ladder identifying required skills and experience for each staff level.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs delineating our clients way.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization as needed.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manages department budget
Human Resource Management
- Full benefits administration including: working with Brokers, benefits enrollment and off-boarding, bill reconciliation, issue resolution, open enrollment and 401K administration
- Facilitates annual 360 evaluation process
- Works with Managers to facilitate the 90 day evaluation process, Performance Improvement Plans and written documentation of discipline
- Manage employee exit process, including termination, works with department head to ensure streamlined exit, hand off of assignments, termination of benefit packages, retrieval of company property, exit interview, Cobra enrollment)
- Creates, distributes, collects and processes all new hire paperwork, including benefits packages
- Works with Sr. Accountant to process payroll and benefits
- Checks references, conducts background checks, extends employment offers, and ensures a smooth pre-employment process
- Creates relationships with key parties: staffing agencies, staffing outlets (job placement sites), alternative employment channels, universities, marketing and advertising agencies
- Negotiates recruitment packages to ensure optimal applicant flow
- Upholds, adheres to and shapes Marketing’s guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Contributes to a positive work environment by leading by example
- Maintains a general knowledge of the industry of experiential marketing
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of Human Resources and recruiting best practices
- Provides guidance and leadership to employees on all personnel maters
Desired Skills & Experience
Required Experience / Skills
- 8-12+ years of experience working in Human Resources generalist functions
- BS or BA degree in HR or Business Administration
- Experience with HR related matters and must be knowledgeable about HR laws and requirements
- Proven past experience / ability to successfully recruit
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities with extreme flexibility
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of HR standards, laws, processes and government HR regulations
- Ability to interact with all types of employees at all levels
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good decision-making, time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application - MAC experience a plus
- Business Operations experience (including office management, accounting, administration)