Location – All US – Remote Work Available
$100-140k + amazing benefits
Senior UI Architect
(Everyone telecommutes - virtual office, with most customers located on the East coast)
Our client is an open source big data analytics software solutions technology startup with strong financial backing. They offer a scalable open source framework for collecting, storing, processing, retrieving, analyzing, and visualizing unstructured documents and structured records. Their platform empowers advanced analytics to visually sort, organize and understand vast amounts of unstructured and structured data very quickly through a massively scalable, cloud-based analytic platform architected for plug-and-play with additional data sources, extraction engines and visualization widgets so our customers and partners have the flexibility to adapt the platform to any specific mission or domain.
This role is for you if:
This is what success looks like in this role:
- You love to use UI/UX to engage and support customers in utilization of their big data platform this role is for you.
- You like to use UI to provide engineering expertise, domain expertise and customer support.
- You like strategic UI thinking and devising and promoting new ideas and functionality within the web tools and the entire UI ecosphere.
- You like to use UI to promote brands externally wherever the opportunity arises and take responsibility for some.
- 80% of time focused on customer engagement support efforts (direct customer interaction related to their UI) and discussing with leadership monthly
- 20% of time above focused on customer education and training of the customers teams on the recommended utilization of the platform and capabilities. Success is measured on # of customer developers or analysts who begin to utilize the platform for data integration develop visualizations or components on the platform. Discuss with leadership monthly.
- Work with customer to define at least 2 new problem areas per quarter that can be expanded within the platform which provides customer with value
Career development and innovation
- Spend 20% of time focused on feedback and support to the R+D team in support of product expansion efforts
- Software design and development
- Develop high quality UI code against agreed stories, sub-tasks, and bugs
- Ensure developed UI code is unit-tested, and where possible is automatically testable as part of build process.
- Propose outline system test methods against assigned stories
- Analyze, develop and document candidate algorithms where necessary - ensure their peer review and document process on the Wiki.
- Analyze, develop, and document changes to the architecture or data model where necessary - ensure their peer review and document process on the Wiki.
- Deployment support
- Provide input into the existing cluster management tools and the forthcoming move to chef/puppet/IaC platform
- Expertise with using frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Underscore, Grunt, etc. to drive complex web user interfaces
- Experience in building single page web applications using the latest standards-based approaches (HTML5/CSS/JS)
- Become the primary technical POC for one (or more!) of the platform clusters for the customers you support
- Ensure deployment documentation for any cluster you own or modify is up-to-date
- Be able to perform any creation/update operation on any cluster (given the access credentials)
Communicate effectively with your customer and team members
- For each story worked on, suggest “follow on” stories not currently in the product backlog (eg a further improvement, a new function enabled by the previous story).
- Identify 2 relevant emerging technologies (or more!) not used within Platform and track their evolution.
- Be a primary source of resource estimates for stories for which you are responsible
- Identify one (or more!) topics of interest you’ve worked and turn into a blog post
WORK LIFE BALANCE
Maintain an effective work-life balance
- Participate in planning and scoping initiatives
- Ensure code, algorithms, and designs are peer-reviewed before stories are completed
- Identify, escalate, and work to resolve issues encountered during design and development activities that could impact timescales, functionality, or robustness
- Take at least two vacations a year; coordinate any time off with your direct supervisor
- Identify and participate in at least two professional development activities per year