THIS POSITION IS REMOTE FOR A LEADING EDTECH START UP BASED IN THE DC AREA!
Do you like startups and fast-growing environments? Are you curious about new technologies and do you experiment with them constantly? Do you want to improve educational opportunities for students everywhere?
Our well-funded, fast-growing education technology startup client is looking for a senior operations engineer to help them create essential tools for teachers, parents, and students. You will play a key role in building technology platform and shaping its future. You will work closely with upper management and the engineering team. You should be technically skilled, focused, and creative.
Our client is a social enterprise founded by two former teachers. They provide a learning platform that helps teachers and parents meet the educational needs of every student. They are building an online, collaborative, curricular platform with lessons, resources, assessments, and activities created by some of the country’s best teachers. More than 100,000 teachers in school districts use our clients platform across the country.
- Nginx | Ruby 1.9.3 | Rails 3.2 | Postgres | Elasticsearch | Amazon Web Services | EngineYard (Gentoo)
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Configure and maintain our clients production, staging, and continuous integration environments
- Develop automation for configuration, deployment, monitoring, backup/recovery, etc.
- Measure, analyze and monitor the infrastructure for availability, throughput, and performance
- Design and implement processes to maintain overall system security
- Work with software engineers to address escalated issues
- Be a part of a 24x7 on-call schedule with other members of the engineering team
- 3+ years of solid Linux/UNIX systems engineering, administration, and automation
- Knowledge and experience in deploying web applications
- Previous telecommuting/telework/remote operational deployment experience preferred