Our client is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories and values people as their most important competitive advantage. They know that their highly skilled work force is vital to their present and future success. Their commitment to diversity permeates their entire organization, which encourage them to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas.
Leveraging the latest medical intelligence established by leading clinical organizations, our clients technology helps ensure that providers follow clinical best practices. Their programs guide providers and their patients towards the most appropriate diagnostics/treatments and in doing so, enables health plans and employers make the most of their healthcare investment.
With over 900 employees, 42 health plan clients and 35 million covered members, our client has delivered proven results to its clients for over 20 years. Through the recent expansion of its solution portfolio to add Cardiology, Specialty Drugs, Oncology and Sleep Medicine to its outpatient radiology and diagnostic imaging services, our client has embarked on an aggressive growth strategy that will position it as the largest specialty benefit management company in the country.
Our client seeks an Associate Medical Director of Advanced Imaging Solutions to support its vision of becoming the nation’s largest specialty benefit management company. This innovative clinical leader will drive the continuing development and optimization of AIM’s imaging advanced imaging solution aimed at increasing clinical appropriateness, patient safety and affordability of outpatient imaging services. The Associate Medical Director of Advanced Imaging Solutions will help solidify their reputation for clinical excellence by ensuring they leverage the latest in clinical best practices, while recommending and researching new clinical focus areas.
As a key member of the Clinical Leadership Team, the Associate Medical Director will serve as a strategic advisor and subject matter expert in relation to imaging programs, imaging facility assessment and scoring program, and radiation safety initiatives.
The Medical Director will work across teams and leverage knowledge, clinical expertise and professional experience to help improve and systematically evolve advanced imaging solutions.
The successful candidate will provide:
Clinical Expertise: Support the Chief Medical Officer in ensuring the clinical integrity of the solution
Thought Leadership: Position AIM Specialty Health for collaboration with industry leaders, medical associations, academic medical centers, accrediting organizations and other clinical experts as a pioneer in delivering an industry-leading advanced imaging solution
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the AIM Chief Medical Officer in ensuring the clinical integrity of the program
- Collaborating with the Vice President, Clinical Operations on ongoing enhancements and maintenance of the Solution
- Participating in the transformation of AIM Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines for deployment in decision support systems
- Providing day to day clinical leadership, guidance, and support for the AIM Advanced Imaging Solution
- Providing medical review services as a physician reviewer in the pre-authorization process
- Assisting in the provider appeal reviews, appropriateness criteria reviews, medical policy and technology assessments
- Coordinating with clients and internal teams to ensure alignment between clinical content and medical policy
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory, compliance and accreditation standards
- Developing and implementing Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Leading the team responsible for the AIM Safe Choices in Imaging, Radiation Safety program.
- Building and developing training materials for the AIM associates engaged in this solution
- Interacting with client medical directors when requested
- Engaging in other duties that support the successful operation and evolution of the Advanced Imaging Solution
Our programs combine clinical excellence, its innovative technology and a commitment to customer service, ensuring the company’s on-going leadership in the rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
A Leading Employer of Choice
Along with a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment, our client offers competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and the opportunities for career progression you'd expect from an industry leader.
These benefits include:
An array of Health, Dental and Vision Care Insurance plans
Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance | 401(k) Employee Savings Plan with company match
Paid Time Off | Term Life Insurance | Tuition Reimbursement | Tax-advantaged health care and dependent flexible spending plans
Health club reimbursement allowance | Licensure reimbursement for medical professionals | Liability insurance for professional activities