Our client is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories and values people as their most important competitive advantage. They know that their highly skilled work force is vital to their present and future success. Their commitment to diversity permeates their entire organization, which encourage them to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas.
Our client is seeking to build and grow a new proposal organization (writers will be virtual and work from home in the DC area) and are looking to add over 6-8 new writers and 6-8 Capture Managers to their business development/proposal group. These positions report directly to the Proposal Director and will be working on large RFP/IDIQ’s in the federal healthcare space valued at $100-$500M. The Senior Proposal Writer is responsible for volume lead management of the day-to-day activities of responding to RFPs, Sources Sought, RFIs, and post-submission discussion questions for federal government opportunities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads pre-proposal/proposal planning, organization, scheduling, monitoring, and controlling the proposal throughout the lifecycle.
- Assembles multi-functional teams to perform proposal reviews.
- Assists writers by providing shell proposal sections, graphics, draft cover letters, and boilerplate materials.
- Interviews subject matter experts and independently develops content. Identifies, assesses, resolves, and/ or escalates issues as needed.
- Reviews proposals to ensure compliance with RFP requirements; identifies potential concerns or challenges.
- Coordinates proposal production including desktop publishing, editing, and proofreading
- Requires a BA/BS; 7+ years (for senior) and 5+ years (for mid) of experience and/or training, including specific proposal writing experience and working knowledge of Federal government solicitations (healthcare preferred: VA, CMS, HHS); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Telecommute/Virtual/Work from home (must be in the DC/NOVA/MD area)