Our client is a 1000 person federal contractor with extensive contracts with various Federal Health agencies (including Health and Human Services) and values people as their most important competitive advantage. They know that their highly skilled work force is vital to their present and future success. Their commitment to diversity permeates our entire organization, which encourage us to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas. The diversity of our people has been and will continue to be one of the keys to their success.
Wii Competitions (bowling, tennis, and golf) | Foosball Competition | Laser Tag Celebration Event | Murder Mystery Theatre Event Bowling | Company Picnics | Company Holiday Celebrations
An innovative and dynamic IT company is seeking an experienced Program Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for delivering software development projects to schedule, budget, and quality. The role requires a mastery of technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages, i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, as well as the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. The Program Manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and must ensure customer satisfaction of assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of the project
- Plan and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Ensure project level customer satisfaction targets are met
- Proactively communicate and timely respond to customers
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Ensure all projects are executed in compliance with process / quality standards of organization and according to contractual terms
- Analyze contract requirements and develop project-specific deliverables to enable successful program implementation
- Establish project scope, requirements definition, and solutions architecture to create the Statement of Work
- Analyze and resolve complex technical, commercial and operational issues to provide high quality services, enhance customer and supplier relations, and increase/maintain profit margin
- Analyze needs and develop customer satisfaction improvements to address customer needs for support, high quality and efficiency to provide quick turnaround and maintain performance
- Develop a resource plan, which contains buy-in from multiple groups to align appropriate/qualified talent to support program activities to successfully complete the project
- Evaluate, develop, and lead business growth opportunities such as up-sales, increase in scope, technological advancements, etc.
- Coach and mentor technical and project team members on effective project management practices and techniques
- Perform program completion assessment including customer feedback, lessons learned and financial/performance review
- Must have HHS experience, preferably with HRSA.
- Must have experience managing software development projects using Java/J2EE for web-based applications
- Agile/scrum background (scrum master preferred)
- Management of enterprise-wide applications
- Ability to own and direct complex initiatives in a government contract environment
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, decision-making and planning skills, and the ability to manage in a highly diversified, changing environment enforcing shared responsibility for outcomes
- Expertise in rapidly establishing rapport with the client and developing effective business relationships
- Possesses an in-depth understanding and the ability to implement formal software development lifecycle methodologies
- Strong implementation skills and milestone project management track record
- Proven capability to work closely with stakeholders to manage client expectations, control budgets, and review priorities
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, consensus building skills, team development and coaching skills, and personal leadership characteristics
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 10 years technical project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP/PMI) certification a plus
- Government contract experience a plus
- Experience in managing custom software development projects