Remote/Telecommute/East Coast/Central or Mountain
Our client is a $5.3 billion company with over 28,000 employees, and a leading provider of customer communication technologies. Our software, equipment and services help businesses communicate with their customers more effectively in today’s multi-channel environment. Through our unique combination of smarter analytical tools and expertise in physical, digital and hybrid communications, we‘re helping businesses meet the many challenges of connecting with individual customers in a targeted manner. We also provide strategic outsourcing services to help organizations streamline their mail and print operations and manage critical documents.
This position will sit in our clients software business unit, which provides global software solutions, data, and services to help customers gain greater competitive advantage and enhanced decision-making abilities through an array of offerings in Communications Management, Customer Analytics, and Location Intelligence. Our client’s software was created through key acquisitions. They are currently seeking a Sales Account Executive to drive revenue by selling specifically to the Telecommunications & Utilities Vertical. The right candidate will be an integral part of their talented team, supporting their continued growth. This position may work remotely from a home office.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of qualified leads in the Telco & Utilities vertical through cold calling, attending industry trade shows, working with business partners, providing product demonstrations, working leads from direct mail campaigns and other marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain detailed and updated opportunity matrixes for each target account to insure that the appropriate sales support resources can be available and to assist in the preparation of accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Aggressively work the pipeline to consistently meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas.
- Obtain the maximum sales and services revenue from each account and sales opportunity through recognition of broader needs that our clients products can address and through the strongest possible adherence to approved pricing.
- Establish the best possible long-term relationship with each prospect and customer so as to maximize future revenue opportunities. Included are meaningful business relationships with "C" level executives.
- Bachelor's degree in business (or similar field of study) or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years direct software sales experience selling large ERP, CRM, Document Management, Financial Applications or General Application Software (ex. Siebel, PeopleSoft, Epiphany, SAP, Oracle, Computer Associates)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of complex sophisticated solution selling with a sales cycle of 3-6 months or longer and average deal size in excess of $200,000 including significant license and services components.
- Extensive experience selling to multi-divisional, inter-agency teams, systems integrators and "C" level buyers (CEO, CIO, CFO, Department Directors, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Description of the Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Understanding of the Telecommunications and/or Utilities/Energy Industry
- Ability to craft business solutions to complex business problems
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships with both users and technical buyers
- Selling through System Integrators and business partner experience
- Additional locations: may work remotely from a home office; candidates should be based in the Central or Mountain region of the U.S. and live near a major airport (i.e.: Chicago, Dallas, Denver)
- Quota: $2M quota (prorated for 2013)
- This person will be hunting for new sales within existing, named major accounts in the Communications and Utilities (energy) industry
- CANDIDATE MUST HAVES: Should have experience selling enterprise