Our client is a marketing agency specializing in creating experiences that enable brands to make meaningful, emotional connections with their target consumers. Established in 1995, they have built their business by merging the strategic disciplines of brand planning and experiential design.
Our client is a leader in creative 360 marketing. Their client’s event and experiential campaigns communicate a brand’s truth, and develop an emotional connection between the brand and consumer. To accomplish this, they work to obtain an intimate understanding of a brand and the individuals who are most likely to choose that brand.
This position is responsible for providing support to General Manager in the execution of all financial responsibilities and will directly manage a team of 3 finance professionals. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, conscientious and detail-oriented. It is critical that the selected individual is committed to the requirement of quality, reliable financial reporting.
- Accurately forecast, analyze and report client revenue, staffing and costs which is to be in compliance with all SOX policies
- In partnership with the executive team, maintain the financial health and integrity of the our clients business
- Work closely with General Manager and executive team on ad hoc projects
- Oversee all aspects of accounting function
- Develop best practices for working with the team
- Track and forecast cash expenditures by week for rolling 6 month period.
- Provide management with weekly updates on unit sales by product and by customer.
- Develop detailed financial models to provide long term (2-3 year) P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts.
- Perform month-end close including account reconciliations and financial reporting
- Main contact for reporting and finance applications
- Responsible for reporting financial performance: P&L, Client revenue, staff costs & Balance sheet: Media inventory, WIP and AR.
- Review allocated costs in client P&L format
- Forecasting, analyzing and reporting client revenue, resource allocation and utilization (planned and actual) for the office
- Revenue capacity analysis based upon revenue by client and staff costs.
- Generate office level staffing, expense and P&L reports. Analyze data and make recommendations for efficiency and cost savings measures
- Monitor contractual relationships with clients and vendors to ensure compliance with commercial and compensation terms. Seek improved terms of business.
- Consolidate regional reporting submissions into one format. Analyze, review and report data
- Collaborate with General Manager and Executive team to ensure vendor and consultant contracts & engagements to ensure client & internal compliance.
- As required, Liaise and advise with Client Services team and Finance.
- Provide financial input into all product pricing, rebate, discount and other promotional programs.
- Track all changes to product costs and keep management informed of impact on gross margins.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA/MBA preferred but not compulsory
- Previous service creative/industry experience (10+ years), which bills fixed price project or time based fees plus expenses, or equivalent – strong preference for advertising/design business background- Definite knowledge of a creative fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with financial accounting working practices and US GAAP (SAB 101 a plus).
- Experience of business planning cycle, budgeting process for the business, financial analysis, forecasting, profitability analysis, management accounts.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (written and oral).
- Attention to detail, analytical, project management, customer service, documentation and technical writing skills.
- Ability to lead company from a start-up accounting platform to a robust ERP accounting platform.