Our client has been a leader in the Oil & Gas/Wire Rope and Lifting Industry for decades.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a GED, or just out of high school or college to explore the exciting world of the oil and gas and rigging industry with little to no experience required. The position will be based out of their newly opened Odessa/Midland Branch.
- Inspect overhead industrial cranes and rigging to ensure safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motors)
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities
- Provides customer service by acting as liaison between customer and office
- repairs equipment as required
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding repairs
- Services existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; troubleshooting; resolving problems
- Builds and maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting methods and techniques for improvement
- Keeps overhead crane systems operating by; performing inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; responding to repair calls.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining a good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner
- Position is full time 40+ hours weekly.
- Full medical dental benefits as well as 401k offered
- CDL license
- Trainable position for a candidate with a high mechanical aptitude, attention to detail
- Background working with overhead cranes strongly preferred
- SafeGulf certification preferred
- Magnetic Particle Inspection certification preferred
- TWIC preferred
- Clean driving record (no DWI's)
- Candidates must pass a background check
- Must be comfortable working with heights
- US citizenship required