Our client is a 150 person federal contractor with extensive prime contracts with various Federal Health agencies and values people as their most important competitive advantage. They know that their highly skilled work force is vital to their present and future success. Their commitment to diversity permeates our entire organization, which encourage us to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas. The diversity of our people has been and will continue to be one of the keys to their success.
Wii Competitions (bowling, tennis, and golf) | Foosball Competition | Laser Tag Celebration Event | Murder Mystery Theatre Event Bowling | Company Picnics | Company Holiday Celebrations
An innovative and dynamic IT company is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager. The Proposal Manager reviews requests for proposals (RFPs), develops proposal plans, outlines and schedules, and prepares questions for the potential client. For each proposal effort, the Proposal Manager assembles and reviews the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, consultants, subcontractors, writers, editors, illustrators, desktop publishers, proofreaders and quality control and print reproduction personnel. The Proposal Manager guides proposal team writers and financial analysts in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel. The Proposal Manager reviews proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to the RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality, and effective design and layout.
- Manage all areas of Federal and commercial proposals for GWACs, IDIQs, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, Task Order Proposals, and Sources Sought Notices.
- Thoroughly reviews RFPs to develop proposal plan, including schedule, compliance matrix, resource assignments, and proposal outline.
- Work with executive team to develop technical, pricing, and teaming strategies.
- Prepare proposal development worksheets for authors; and leads workshops to assist writers in identifying content for sections including win themes, features/benefits/advantages, risks/mitigation plans, and discriminators.
- Lead proposal kick-off meetings, color-team reviews (Pink, Red, and Gold) and cost proposal reviews.
- Prepare cost volume using levels of effort, including pricing, margin calculations; and leads discussions with executive team to address price/capability tradeoff.
- Manage and coordinates content and graphics development.
- Ensure accuracy and adequacy of final work product and consistency between cost and technical volumes.
- Lead proposal production team; performs quality assurance review, and delivers high quality proposals that are timely, responsive, and meet solicitation requirements.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of proposal development, knowledge base, and knowledge management processes.
- Lead lessons learned meetings after proposal submission.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced proposal team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with Visio and SharePoint is a plus.
- The proposal manager has an acceptable contract award percent and is current with changes in Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Bachelor's degree. An MBA is a plus.
- Shipley Proposal process certification or equivalent certification or experience.
- At least 4 years of direct experience producing proposals for opportunities within the federal government.
- At least 2 years of this experience is in preparing proposals for high-value contracts.