Our client is a $2bn+ global leader in Digital Business Transformation, IoT, Business Process Improvement and Big Data Analytics software and provides end-to-end customized managed software solutions and services.
This East Coast Regional Sales Manager (Enterprise Software Sales): Utilities/Energy sales position is responsible for helping to build out our clients East Cost Utilities/Energy/Telco vertical.
- Products: entire digital business transformation platform (almost all of our clients products are leading on Gartner in Digital Transformation/BI/IoT)
- Current $1bn+ Clients: Southern, PG&E, Philips, Home Depot, Best Buy, Shell, Exxon (39 in Utilities/Energy)
- Region: East Coast
- Pipeline: 37+ former clients
- Target Client Base: Fortune 1000 ($1bn+) Energy, Utilities and Telco Companies
- Internal Sales Support:
- Sales Engineer: 1 Pre-Sales Solutions Architect assigned for every 2 Account Executive
- Inside Sales Team: 1 Inside Sales Rep (will expand as team expands)
- Marketing: 1 person from product marketing and development/management
- Salary/Comp: OTE: $130-135k base /$130-135k bonus
- Quota: $1.5-2M
- Average Deal Size: can be software and service
IoT, BPM and products / solutions for an assigned region. The job represents a balanced customer relationship management effort involving sales/account management skills, product knowledge/problem-solving/solution skills, and direction of other specialized resources assigned to the account(s).
- Maintain high activity and focus around prospecting, developing a territory and driving sales process
- Find, manage, grow and close revenue opportunities; grow installed customer account share
- Understand customer business and service requirements in order to develop "tailored" solutions and offerings
- Introduce client to new products that match business needs
- Develop business plan for territory / accounts to meet or exceed sales, marketing and customer satisfaction objectives
Successful track record in selling and customer account management for small, medium or large customer accounts; high, demonstrated energy levels, extremely motivated to succeed; accountable for results; able to be alert and adaptable in a very fast-paced environment;
- Experiencing selling to Fortune 1000 Utility, Energy or Telco companies required.
- Candidates from IBM, Oracle, EMC, VMWare, Pega, HP, Cloudera, Netezza, Mongo, SAP, Amazon, HortonWorks are preferred
- Proven track record, discipline and methodology of building pipeline necessary to achieve quota goals.
- Focus and execution, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Influence and Persuasion, Negotiating
- 5 years professional experience direct selling enterprise software to the public sector (state and local agencies)
- Undergrad University Degree