Our client is the world’s largest provider of enterprise-class governance and infrastructure management solutions for Microsoft® SharePoint®.
With their flagship solution, their Public Sector works extensively with customers in every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces, Federal Civilian and Intelligence agencies, as well as State and Local Government to meet their mission-critical business objectives utilizing SharePoint. Our clients Public Sector HQ is in Arlington, VA, and is a U.S. Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships in addition to certifications, including U.S. Navy Application & Database Management System (DADMS) and U.S. Army Certificate of Networthiness (CoN)..
We are looking for a highly effective and driven Director of Sales to manage and lead our Enterprise State and Local Government sales team within our Public Sector subsidiary. The Director of Sales is responsible for leading a team of Enterprise Account Executives across the US.
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Manage and lead the SLG Account Executives
- Develop and implement strategic business plans and initiatives for the State and Local Government market.
- Drive the business metrics and revenue attainment through excellence in sales strategy and execution.
- Develop SLG team through ongoing coaching and 1:1 meetings reviewing skills development and/or performance strategic sales initiatives.
- Assign quotas, develop career plans, and consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results.
- Assist executive level with developing Public Sector strategic direction and initiatives.
- Be active in the field with your team to help build relationships.
- Recognize market trends and anticipate new competitive threats. Put strategic plans in place to obtain a competitive advantage and secure market share.
- Collaborate with the appropriate communities, driving synergy and insight to help the team be successful and consistent in their execution.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Partner Account Managers to assist in further driving effective partnerships and brand awareness.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA/BS Degree
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise sales or new business development
- 5+ years selling directly to State and Local Government entities at the Enterprise level
- At least 5 years of Management and Leadership experience
- 5+ years of optimizing sales operations
- Proven history of successful business planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively, and experience conducting business with the Public Sector
- Strong skills in communication, negotiation, organization, and teamwork
- Ability to travel approximately up to 50%