Who We Are At ZenBusiness
We’re a trusted partner for small business owners that want a solution to the challenges of starting, running, and growing a business. We use technology and automation to provide fast and low-cost services, expert support, and a personalized dashboard that puts everything small business owners need at their fingertips. We are an Austin-based start-up, Public Benefit Corporation, that is excited about helping other entrepreneurs and business owners realize their dream of creating and growing a successful business. In doing so, we hope to radically shift the business landscape by empowering more people to be their own boss and become financially independent. Being part of ZenBusiness means being part of a community of problem-solvers, doers and strategic thinkers. We offer our employees flexible work schedules, paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, disability insurance and weekly virtual social events. We are a fully remote Texas-based company with team members in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Illinois, Oregon and Tennessee. While this is a fully remote position, you must live in one of these states, or be willing to relocate to one of these states.
ZenBusiness exists to disrupt the legal formation world by empowering 1M entrepreneurs to build businesses large and small by dramatically simplifying the processes required to launch a business and grow it. Our customers are entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs rock.
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
The CEO, COO, CTO, and VP of Engineering have worked together and have experience building startups, specifically helping grow Homeway from the beginning until its acquisition by Expedia in 2015 for $3.9 billion.
About the job
In this role you will work closely with engineers, product owners, and designers to own new product features and enhancements that change the lives of our small business customers. You’ll architect and implement user experiences with modern React and also build highly performant, easy-to-use APIs with Python and Node.js.
- Create high-quality, predictable, observable code and deliver it to production
- Own the delivery of new product features by working iteratively with the design and product owners to define and deliver new functionality
- Use monitoring and instrumentation to evaluate the success of your code and maintain quality
- Work in an agile, data-driven environment and have true ownership of the features you work on, from gathering requirements to delivering results
- Use data-driven decision making to improve your code (logs, usage analytics, monitoring)What you need to succeedAt least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Experience shipping web-based products, working with designers and product owners to develop and deliver workflows and libraries
- Experience with operations, API development, and modern service-oriented architecture
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend your ideas
- Excited about working with designers to create an amazing user experience
- Curious and comfortable learning new things and diving in where needed
What you’ll use:
- HTML 5
- CSS 3 / Styled-Components
- React 16.8+ / Redux / Apollo GraphQL
- Node.js 12+ / Express / Fastify
- Python & Django
- Google Cloud Platform & Kubernetes