The Maintenance Technician will serve the production and manufacturing areas of the business
with skilled mechanical support for all areas of production. He or she will enable and equip the plant to operate efficiently while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant equipment and capital assets at an optimal and practical cost. Workweek is typically Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday and on-call responsibilities.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Pay: $25 hourly & 5-10% bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K with Company Match, Vacation, On-site Wellness Center
- Determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to operation
- Install, diagnose, repair, wire and maintain a variety of production and building equipment
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment to detect malfunction and discuss issues and solutions with supervisors and team to diagnose problem and repair machines
- Set up and operate various machinery, equipment and tools safely such as forklift, manlift, table saw, router, bandsaw, drill press, circular saw, hand drill, hammer drill etc
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Primary interface with Plant Supervisors and Operators in the assessment, identification and repair of developing or non-scheduled issues with equipment and systems
- Completes all PMs and work orders as assigned
- Proactively reviews and manages Plant Communication Boards to ensure that maintenance needs and requests are addressed quickly
- Proactively seeks ways to reduce downtime and improve maintenance work processes to better enable plant operations to maximize efficiencies
- Maintain upkeep and organization of all equipment and tools assigned to the department and submit requests of any additional tools or equipment that would add to the efficiency and safety of the operation
- Ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing or processing environment as a mechanic / troubleshooter and have strong mechanical aptitude.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5+ years experience in maintenance/mechanical/manufacturing, can be combination of education, training and experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in maintaining utility systems (electrical, water, air, HVAC), facility infrastructure and various types of manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; may have to lift up to and in excess of 100 pounds with the help of others
- Must be familiar with CMMS software. Must have basic reasoning / troubleshooting skills to be able to follow inputs and outputs on PLC run machines.
- Experience in folding carton or packaging industry and experience welding is preferred but not required
Trustworthy, Servant-hearted, Relational, Resourceful