D-BAT BASEBALL/SOFTBALL INSTRUCTOR:
The Professional Instructor position is a full-time position that works in coordination with the mission of D-BAT Baseball & Softball Academy. D-BAT's mission is to provide quality instruction to enhance the baseball and softball experience for players at all levels from little league to the collegiate and professional levels.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated person who loves the game of baseball and/or softball. They would also have an excitement for working with youth ballplayers and showing a willingness to develop, set goals, and help ballplayers achieve those goals.
Other traits that are desired include having a positive attitude, willingness to be part of a team environment, and a desire to be challenged and stretched beyond your comfort zone. Furthermore, this opportunity will solely be what you make it to be. You will receive an elite facility to house your business, one of the best baseball and softball markets in the country to work in, and the D-BAT team will give you 100% support to build your book of business.
We are looking for someone who would like to make a career out of giving baseball and/or softball instruction, which includes one on one sessions and camps/clinics to all ages. This is a career opportunity that is very challenging, but extremely rewarding both personally and financially.
We do not set your hours, but we have found that the majority of your working hours will be from 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM throughout the school year. Saturday’s and Sunday’s, throughout the day, have also proven to be a prime time to build your clientele.
We want you to execute on average 15 hours of instruction each week (some weeks more / some weeks less)
• Develop a Client Base
• Work with front office to obtain list of possible lessons leads and pursue those leads
• Use customer flow such as batting cages, camps, and clinic to obtain individual lessons
• Make yourself available for promo lessons and first time lessons that could turn into regular clients
• Adhere by D-BAT Instructional Policies and Procedures & Lead by Example
• Consult with Professional Instructors and D-BAT Instructional methodology to coach in a way that is in line with D-BAT's missions and values
• Follow the D-BAT Atlanta instructor rebooking process to ensure that you keep your clients on the schedule
• Develop a specific instructional plan for each and every client
• Develop an instructional evaluation process for new clients and potential clients
• College or professional playing experience
• Experience giving one on one lessons or coaching within a baseball camp environment
• Team coaching experience
• Passion for baseball, softball, or speed and agility that is contagious
• Positive attitude and a team player
• Willingness to learn: An individual that is teachable, coachable, moldable, and a continuous learner
• High character individual that is good at relationship building, is growth oriented, and enjoys working with youth ballplayers
Communication and Technical Skills:
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge on multiple technological platforms
• Ability to use technology to help himself become more efficient and effective in maintaining his relationships with clients