Head Baker - Raleigh, North Carolina
Our client is recognized by USA Today as one of the best bread bakeries in the South. We are searching for their next Head Baker to be located in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina. Their clients include Whole Foods markets, food trucks and farmers market, major corporations and amazing families, they have 4 major production and retail locations and are poised for rapid expansion and looking for a someone to lead their baking production and team.
- Wants to be trained and mentored by a James Beard Semifinalist.
- Wants to lead all bread production and baking team for an $8M+ growing start up minded bakery
- Passionate about artisan long fermented breads – about the respect for fermentation – about leading a premier baking team in the US.
- Committed to taste and innovation of grain combinations; and to representing the scientist, miller, and farmer.
- Desires to directly impact the development of future bakers and drive the economic wheel of the grain movement.
- Desires to play an integral role in a local, authentic European Bread Bakery.
- Desire to assist with food and beverage holiday planning of menus, schedules, and recipes
- A culinary professional with a strong production mind-set, and excellent technique, consistency, and accuracy.
- Analytical and math proficiency to keep check on daily financials and profitability.
- Ability to build strong relationships; solve business-related issues; work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and be flexible (to work weekends and holidays as required.)
TOTAL REWARDS (BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION PACKAGE)
- Competitive pay + profit sharing based on performance.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance; paid time off
- Discounts on our super tasty products!
MORE ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our loaves are hand-crafted daily in a variety flavors, shapes, and sizes. The entire production process occurs on-site, from the hand-shaping and slow-rising of the bread, to the exact moment it comes out of our specialty European stone-hearth oven. We look to work with local farmers and millers who provide stone-ground organic flour, heritage and heirloom grains, or grains that feature scientists, millers or farmers doing great work in the grain movement. There are no frozen starters, no shortcuts; no preservatives or artificial ingredients – just old-world artisan bread baking, and a passion and commitment to tradition, quality, and health.
MORE ABOUT TURAS GROUP
Recruiting humble and high-caliber leaders to use their talents to serve others has been in our DNA for years. We began in 2010 and now have placed thousands of people globally into a variety of companies from innovative start ups to billion dollar multinational companies and we would be honored to do the same for you!
Interested candidates please apply, and/or contact a Turas Group recruiter, someone is available to talk now! Email us today (click here) to talk about this position and others we have open across the Middle East and the USA.