MULTI-UNIT RESTAURANT DIRECTOR/AREA MANAGER
to deliver superior quality products and services for our customers and communities through: leadership, innovation and partnerships.
CORE VALUES OF Wendy’s in Charleston
COTS: Communication | Organization | Train/Teach | Systems | Continuous Improvement
Become a proud leader running a business dedicated to the community and the customer experience. With over 6,600 locations, Wendy's is one of the largest quick-service restaurant chains in the world.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compensation: $70k base + 5-10% bonus
- Amazing Benefits: Health/Dental/Life with $50-200 bi-weekly out of pocket health cost | Vacation/Sick leave
- Full P&L Responsibility for at least 2 stores ($1.7M+ $2M)
- Reports to: District Manager
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Coaching: by our owner and district managers are leaders
- Team: Join a team with 7 GM’s across the Charleston Region. The personalized training, support and tools you need to reach your goals.
The primary role and responsibility of the Area Manager include bringing full leadership and management
to the following areas of the business: Team |Sales & Brand | Talent | Operations (Store Ops/Financial/Administration)
The primary goals of the are to:
- Lead: ensure all leader goals are achieved in: Sales and Brand, HR/Talent, Operations (Store, Financial, Administration) and Core Values are integrated into every aspect of the business
- Manage & Motivate: ongoing care, management and motivation of leadership team
- Drive & Grow: ensure all functions including Sales and Brand, Talent, Operations (Store, Financial, Administration) support the business goals
- Create: emotional connections with the community and team
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Lead, model and ensure Core Values are executed across entire organization
CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE, SALES & BRAND
- Full responsibility for managing, developing and leading all Sales & Brand, Talent, Operations and Administration for 2 stores ($1.7M + $2M)
- Serve as right hand to District Manager and Owner/Operator
- Sales: ensure sales strategy is developed and executed resulting in achieving 5% annual growth goals
- Marketing: ensure marketing strategy is developed and executed resulting in achieving 10% annual growth goals
- Customer Experience: improve Customer Satisfaction and Speed of Service scores to 60% (6 Months) and 70% (Y1)
- Ensure excellence in food and service quality
- Recruiting/Talent Acquisition: keep total # of openings to around 2-4 max
- Retention: responsible for working with team to ensure turnover decreases to below 150% with a goal of 125% after Y1
- Onboarding/Training: ensure all team members are receiving consistent development and training
- Workforce Planning: develop annual workforce plan
- Performance Planning and Assessment: ensure senior leadership team is receiving consistent performance feedback and assessment
- Succession Planning: ensure leadership team has clear succession plans in place for themselves and teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Store Operations
- Ensuring store operations leaders are developed, encouraged and help accountable to achieve goals.
- Lead shifts on a consistent basis.
- Ensure financial integrity of organization
- Develop and execute financial strategic plan
- Lead administrative team (EA’s)
- Ensure administrative excellence and project management processes are followed
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Self starter
- Strategic thinker who can lead, manage and support Organizational and Operational leaders
- Strong marketing and communication experience
- Ability to work well with the public
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative | Organized
- Good negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Effectively communicate to our team
- Create a culture of innovation by combining critical thinking and practical leadership
- 5+ years of Restaurant Operations experience at the GM, Assistant GM or Director of Operations level with Quick Service/Quick Casual Industry Preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) and build relationships to all levels of the organization.
- Must comfortably handle multiple projects/issues with a high degree of complexity.
- Has a solid background in managing projects, people and establishing effective processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word).
- Flexible scheduling around the needs of the restaurant.
- Must be available weekdays and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation with valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Frequent bending and kneeling
- Regular lifting (25 - 50 pounds)
- Previous experience with Wendy's or Chick-fil-A is preferred, but top talent with a track record of proven results will be considered as well.