****Role is based in Boise, Idaho****
Turas Group is searching for a Senior Technical Engineer
who will hold full technical leadership responsibility over both current and future complex capital installation projects. These are both brown and green field projects ranging from $2m - $50m per project, and spread not only across the USA but into some international geographies also.
A quick check of Glassdoor or Indeed will pretty much tell you all you need to know about this business. It has a genuine passion and care towards its people and an appropriately ambitious growth plan.
Having spent several billion dollars reinvesting into both its people and its processes the company has enjoyed rapid growth over the past few years and is now operating in the same arena as some of the perennial giants of the food processing industry. And it’s not about to slow down any time soon! That’s where you come in.
This is a brand-new position within the company structure as it continues its journey to becoming the number one fresh produce supplier in the US.
That’s means you will hold some serious responsibility, so no shrinking violets need apply!
Turas has visited your new workplace located in the brand-new company head office in Boise, Idaho and was impressed at both the calibre of your potential colleagues but also the attention to detail and professionalism that was shown to our staff. If we knew how to design and implement food processing capital projects then we would apply for this ourselves. So, if this is how they treat potential suppliers then imagine how they would treat one of their own.
· Lead and direct internal and external engineering and operations teams in establishing the appropriate food safety and sanitary designs, to ensure the project meets intended results, scope, budget & timeline
· Accountable for project system quality and performance (hitting rates, speeds, throughputs, efficiencies, etc.)
· Directs and accountable for; scope development, equipment specifications, bidding & evaluation, assembling construction bid packages, cost estimating, cost control, gaining alignment with operations and key stakeholders, and providing oversight to construction & start- up leadership.
· Assesses and aligns with key stakeholders the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions
· Responsible for preparing and gaining alignment on engineering proposals, feasibility studies and vendor/construction packages.
· Leads and is accountable for the development and evaluation of plans and success criteria (often by others) to ensure that project and/or system performance meets business objectives for a variety of projects and activities that are usually carried out by others.
· Responsible for leading the communication of project updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
If you think you’re up for the task we would love you to apply for this Sr Technical Engineer position but would ask before you click to send your resume that you would meet the criteria below:
· B.S. Degree in Engineering from four (4) year college or university, preferably Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· Five - seven plus years related experience and/or training
· Extensive capital projects and budget development experience on large capital projects from concept design stage through to implementation
· Knowledgeable of Food Plant Operations. Fresh product processing is a plus.
· Extensive internal and external consultant and construction people management experience
· Previous experience managing technical projects or groups.
· Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communications skills.
· Can operate at pace whilst successfully handling various projects across different geographies.
This is a strategically created position within the corporate engineering team and as such we’re excited to speak to food manufacturing project leaders who have a passion for the industry and the technical competencies to take an already well-established and award winning business into greater heights. If this is you, don’t delay in sending your resume for this Senior Technical Engineer position today!
Interested candidates please contact a Turas Group recruiter, someone is available to talk now!
Email us today (click here ) to talk about this position and others we have open across the Middle East and the USA.