Our client is a dynamic, mission-driven, well-funded, fast growing EdTech startup that is creating the future of digital curriculum. 1 in every 3 classroom teachers across the nation use our clients free resources. Their mission is to: 'Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere.'
The Product Manager Lead role
Our client is looking for product managers to help shape the future of their online, collaborative, curricular platform with lessons, resources, assessments, and activities created by some of the country’s best teachers. Their product is already used by over a million students and teachers. You will play a critical role in building our client’s product platform and shaping its future. You will work closely with product designers, software engineers, product managers, academics, our co-founders, and the user community to build their world-class web and mobile applications.
Is a mix of experienced and newer SaaS product builders who excel at building product that delight users and solve complex problems simply. They ship product daily, value iteration over big upfront design, pay attention to the details, and help each other improve.
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of our our Platform and Integrations Roadmap, helping to define the vision of how the underlying platform works, how it plays with other products and services in K-12 schools, and how it services the growing demand of third party content publishers and international partners. As part of a team of highly results oriented Product Managers, you will collaborate on process, work to identify market opportunities, and implement features and functionality key to growing the client's business both domestically and abroad. This is an opportunity to permanently change the field of education.
- Lead the development and prioritized execution of our “Platform and Integrations” roadmap. Manage projects through their full life cycle; work closely with our Engineering, Design, and QA teams to ensure that specifications, deadlines, and goals are met.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to inform roadmap direction and decisions. gathering information about district needs through interviews and customer visits.
- Partner with third parties to integrate their platform into other systems and technologies in use in K-12 schools and classrooms.
- Collaborate with Executives and other key staff members to ideate and implement critical features and functions
- Create and collaborate on product management artifacts and process
- Create product training materials for sales enablement and support training
- A passion for the EdTech and our clients mission
- 5-7 years of Product or Project Management experience within the education space
- Solid track record of bringing to market commercially viable products or implementing them in schools
- Experience and desire to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills; Ability to make complex topics clear.
- Outstanding project management skills that have made a very visible difference within a variety of organizations; Ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- An extreme comfort with juggling many topics and issues of many shapes and sizes all at once.
- Enough technical background to have meaningful conversations about technical issues with development managers, architects, and staff.
- Experience with metrics-driven decision making and the crafting of tools and/or reports in support of it.
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- The Team: Work daily with top notch product and engineering team members
- The Mission: Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere
The Technology Stack
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Ruby on Rails 4 (HAML and SASS+Compass)
- jQuery and KnockoutJS