Our client is a small and rapidly growing woman-owned 8a government contractor based in DC. The owners (a married couple) love each other, love what they do, and are seasoned technologists who care for their employees. Because of the way they value their employees and customers, they have been given several large prime contracts.
We are looking for a hands-on seasoned ETL developer to work on a mission critical information sharing platform for a federal agency to enable secured, accurate, and privacy-controlled information sharing to stakeholders, while protecting sensitive data and preserving privacy. The ideal candidate for this position would be a highly motivated software engineer with prior hands-on experience in analyzing large scale data sources, create data extracts, loads and transformations in an enterprise environment, and providing ETL support.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Provide scripting support to enhance availability and usability of large scale datasets.
- Perform source system analysis as required.
- Cleanse, analyze and Develop ETL scripts to load large datasets into Relational databases, Understand re-usability, parametrization, workflow design, etc.
- Develop ETL maps using Pentaho, Scripting (Batch, shell), Data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation.
- Perform overall ETL solution design and creation of design specifications to implement changes.
- Develop new and support existing ETL processes using industry leading ETL tools.
- Perform Performance tuning of SQL statements executed by ETL code as required
- Implement versioning of the ETL repository and supporting code as necessary
- Develop stored procedures, database triggers and SQL queries where needed.
- Support a production environment as necessary.
- Responsible for recommending methodologies to optimize the visualization, organization, storage, and availability of large scale data in support of user requirements.
- Assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software on a big data analytics platform preferably Cloudera Hadoop
- Strong background in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, XMLS, JSONs).
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases (Hbase, Accumulo, MySQL)
- Understanding of logical & physical data design, tables, normalization techniques, relationships, primary & foreign keys, and data types.
- 3+ years of ETL/Data Integration experience using all of the following:
- Shell Scripting
- Perl and/or Python
- Exposure to any of the following Analytics and Information Management competencies –Data Management and Architecture, Performance Management, Information Delivery and Advance Analytics
- Experience developing applications on Linux/CentOS
Competitive salary + benefits (401K match, insurance, PTO, etc.)
Bachelors in Information Systems