Our client is looking for a hands-on, seasoned Cloudera Hadoop Administrator to work on a mission critical information-sharing platform for a federal agency to enable secured, accurate, and privacy-controlled information sharing to stakeholders, while protecting sensitive data and preserving privacy. As a Cloudera Hadoop Administrator, you will be responsible for the lifecycle administration for the data lake. Tasks may include node management, monitoring and response, support processes creation, upgrades and patches, logging configuration and managing user rights and space quota.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Monitor the overall performance of the Cloudera data lake
- Performance tuning of Cloudera clusters and Spark/MapReduce routines.
- Cloudera Cluster maintenance including the addition and removal of nodes
- Monitor and address user productivity and cluster performance.
- Optimize clusters for future workloads.
- Ongoing troubleshooting, diagnosing, tuning, HDFS management, Cloudera Manager and solving Hadoop issues
- Create BASH/Python scripts to assist with trouble shooting, administration and software deployments
- Track and protect access to sensitive data including a focus on being prepared for an audit, tracking who is accessing what data and what are they doing with it
- Communicates with Cloudera vendor on technical issues
- Manages YARN, MapReduce, Spark, and HDFS
- Utilizes Cloudera Manager to assist in cluster management including aggregated logging, configuration management, resource management, reports, alerts, and service management.
- Provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- 5+ years hands on experience on Linux/CentOS designing, implementing, testing, and installing optimized hardware, software, data and networking products and configurations for enterprise systems
- 3+ years’ experience as a Hadoop Administrator with troubleshooting/diagnosing service/product performance problems/issues providing effective and pragmatic resolutions/solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience providing the deployment, configuration, and maintenance of open source and proprietary software in order to provide optimum system performance and availability.
- Knowledge in the following technologies: Pentaho, CentOS, Cisco, Arista and IBM MQ
- Extensive hands-on experience providing technical services in the areas of O&M Support, Data Center, Managed Services, Enterprise Help Desk, Agile Applications and Infrastructure Operations
- Demonstrated significant hands-on experience and knowledge of Service Operations, Request Fulfillment, Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
- Experience with IT Governance Boards, Change Control Boards and other federal government governance entities
- Experience supporting senior-level Federal Government Managers/Leaders from GS 15 and up.
- Demonstrated experience meeting/exceeding SLAs including Customer Satisfaction Surveys. Strong understanding of SLAs/performance metrics, able to trace root cause of non-compliance and identify effective corrective actions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Cloudera CDH Developer or Administrator Certification
- RHCSA - Certified System Administrator (Red Hat)
- CCNA - Networking related Certifications (Cisco)