is a leader in the system integration space with a specific focus on providing high level technology solutions to federal clients. They are the prime on a large DHS program and are looking for a permanent/FT/direct Senior Linux Engineer to join their team.
We are looking for a hands-on seasoned Senior Linux Systems Engineer to work on a mission critical information sharing platform for a federal agency to enable secured, accurate, and privacy-controlled information sharing to stakeholders, while protecting sensitive data and preserving privacy. The ideal candidate for this position would be a highly motivated systems engineer with prior hands-on experience in designing, engineering, deploying, maintaining, and administering Linux/CentOS systems. Responsibilities include:
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Providing design, administration, installation and engineering support for Linux/CentOS infrastructure, networks, system/server, software and security.
- Leverage engineering best practices for designing, testing and implementing solutions across the application, middleware, data, infrastructure, network and security layers of the enterprise information-sharing platform.
- Deploy and supporting CentOS, Red Hat operating systems
- Manage virtual operating system products like KVM
- Troubleshoot difficult problems, sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- Support core Linux applications like Hadoop/HDFS, Zookeeper
- As part of this efforts, collaborate with the Project Manager in preparing artifacts needed to address the requirements across all the phases of Systems Engineering Lifecycle. Collaborate with the team to ensure and monitor that all the technical deliverables are in adherence with the agency technical mandates and guidelines
- Prepare technical information for briefings, Change Control Boards (CCBs), customer meetings, project documentation, management presentations, reports, and deliverables.
- Design and implement architecture and implementation solutions to address the functional and performance requirements across the application, middleware, data, infrastructure, network and security layers of the enterprise information sharing platform
- Conduct design and code reviews of the technical deliverables to ensure quality and alignment with functional and performance requirement
- Establish collaborative communications channels between mission users, government leadership, team members, management and key stakeholders
- Active TS Top Secret Clearance
- 10+ years of hands on Linux/CentOS systems engineering experience with
- Designing, implementing, testing, and installing optimized hardware, software, data and networking products and configurations for enterprise systems
- Troubleshooting/diagnosing service/product performance problems/issues providing effective and pragmatic resolutions/solutions.
- Providing the deployment, configuration, and maintenance of open source and proprietary software in order to provide optimum system performance and availability.
- Knowledge in the following technologies: Hadoop (Cloudera), Pentaho, CentOS, RHEL, Cisco, Arista and IBM MQ.
- Extensive hands-on experience providing technical services in the areas of O&M Support, Data Center, Managed Services, Enterprise Help Desk, Agile Applications and Infrastructure Operations.
- Demonstrated significant hands-on experience and knowledge of Service Operations, Request Fulfillment, Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
- Experience with IT Governance Boards, Change Control Boards and other federal government governance entities.
- Experience supporting senior-level Federal Government Managers.
- Demonstrated experience meeting/exceeding SLAs including Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Strong understanding of SLAs/performance metrics, able to trace root cause of non-compliance and identify effective corrective actions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Bachelors in Information Systems
- Certified System Administrator (Red Hat): CSA
- Networking related Certifications (Cisco): CCNA, CCNP
- Cloudera CDH Developer or Administrator Certification