Virtual/Remote (client is located in Washington DC)
Our client is a dynamic, mission-driven, well-funded, fast growing EdTech startup that is creating the future of digital curriculum. They are looking for product designers to help shape the future of their online, collaborative, curricular platform with lessons, resources, assessments, and activities created by some of the country’s best teachers. Their product is already used by over a million students and teachers.
The Product Design Lead role
Plays a critical role in building our client’s technology platform and shaping its future. You will work closely with product designers, software engineers, product managers, academics, our co-founders, and the user community to build their world-class web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in user experience, visual, and product design, technically skilled, focused, and creative.
Is a mix of experienced and newer SaaS product builders who excel at building product that delight users and solve complex problems simply. They ship product daily, value iteration over big upfront design, pay attention to the details, and help each other improve.
The Technology Stack
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Ruby on Rails 4 (HAML and SASS+Compass)
- jQuery and KnockoutJS
The Experience Needed
- Engage your coworkers and users to uncover product needs
- Wireframe, sketch, whiteboard, prototype, design and build user experiences
- Design and develop simple, easytouse, user interfaces to add impactful new features
- 3+ years of web application product design (mobile app product design is a plus)
- Strong visual and interactive design skills, as demonstrated by a portfolio of your prior work and the resulting implementations (whether you wrote the HTML and CSS or someone else did)
- Self-motivated individual who loves to get things done
- Desire and aptitude to learn and build product with HTML and CSS
- Remote work environment
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- The Team: Work daily with top notch product and engineering team members
- The Mission: Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere